City of Mukilteo
support: (425) 263-8000

My Portal

View your applications, pay fees, upload documents, request
Go »

City of Mukilteo Online Permit Center



2018 Construction Codes (IBC, IRC, IFC, etc.) are tentatively scheduled to become effective February 1, 2021. All applications on or after this date must meet the new requirements.


City Council adoption is scheduled for January 19, 2021. You may view the agenda here:


Information regarding submitting permits when City Hall is closed is here:



This portal allows you to apply for certain types of permits, upload submittals and plans, and make payments online. The following may be applied for online:

  • Pre-Application Meeting Requests (in "Planning" Category)
  • Building Category:
    • Commercial Permits
      • Addition (any new attached square footage)
      • Alteration (internal changes to existing space)
      • Commercial Range Hood
      • Mechanical Permit
      • New Commercial Structure
      • Plumbing Permit
      • Reroof Permit
      • Tenant Improvement
      • Wireless Communication Facility
    • Demolition Permits (Structure)
    • Multi-Family Residential Permits (for triplexes, quadplexes, apartment buildings or condominiums):
      • Addition (any new attached square footage)
      • Alteration (internal changes to existing space)
      • Deck (new, repair, replacement or cover)
      • Mechanical Permit
      • New Multi-Family Structure
      • Plumbing Permit
    • Sign Permits
    • Single-Family Residential Permits (for single-family homes, townhomes, and duplexes):
      • Addition (any new attached square footage)
      • Alteration (internal changes to existing space)
      • Deck Permit (new, repair, replacement, or cover)
      • Detached Accessory Structures (carports, garages, sheds over 120 sq. ft.)
      • Mechanical Permit
      • New Single-Family Residence
      • Plumbing Permit
      • Reroof Permit
  • Fire Category
    • Commercial Range Hood Fire Suppression System
    • Fire Alarm
    • Fire Sprinkler
    • Residential Solar Photovoltaic System
    • Underground Access to Fire Hydrant
    • Tank Installation (Aboveground or Underground)
    • Tank Removal (Aboveground or Underground)
  • Engineering Category
    • Right-of-Way - Standalone
    • Right-of-Way - Utility
  • Planning Category
    • Chicken Coop License
    • Community Event Sign Permit
    • Construction Noise Variance Request
    • Floodplain Letter
    • Floodplain Development Permit
    • Programmatic Floodplain Development Permit

In addition to the online submittal, you will need to complete the appropriate application forms and upload them with your plans and other necessary documents.

You may also apply for Boat Launch Parking Passes on this portal under the "Community Development" category. You will need to upload ID and Vehicle Registration(s).


First-Time Users

The first time you enter the site to apply for a permit, you will need to register and create a password. Please follow the instructions and if you have any problems please contact us.


Need Assistance?

Please contact us at or (425) 263-8000. Please note that City Hall is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. 


Other services